April 29, 2008

Magneto & Titanium Man or Not for the Squeamish or Son of Frankenstein







Doctor Update: Kirt is scarred. Yes, those are metal staples. And now they are gone (a slightly scary and "bee sting feeling" event), but I came through it. I'm sure there will be a scar. If you look closely at the X-rays, you can see the staples. Good news is I can put some "walking weight" (about 10-15 lbs) on the leg and can walk with along with the crutch. I have this brace that will allow me to bend 90 degrees for now, and may expand that in a couple of weeks. So, I can bend it enough to get into the front seat of the car and that means driving is next. Good things are coming. I may be limited in what I can do, but I'm still going to go to San Diego with the kids in May. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

I have to say the stapled leg looks pretty gruesome in the photo--the leg in real life looks a little better! The light in the doctor's office wasn't great, that was my cell phone taking the photo, and it looked much better after Heather the nurse finished cleaning it. Interestingly enough, the bruises are really there. When the doctor described a little more of what he was actually doing to Kirt's leg...YIKES! Kirt was tough, and didn't make a sound through the whole unstapling process, of course, he wouldn't watch it, either It was pretty interesting though, I watched the whole thing!

erin said...

Wow. That looks more awesome than BOTH of my ACL scars put together!

Jon said...

You are a MAN