April 23, 2008

It's not because I'm old . . . I'm not arrogant!






When we told our neighbor we were only now going to put hand rails in our shower we just remodeled last Fall, but didn't put hand rails in, she accused us of being so arrogant. Did we really think an accident wouldn't happen and one of us might not ever slip in the shower? Just as a safety precaution, we should have put them in. We had the reinforcements built in, but now with my limitations, we figured it was time to install. Nick, our contractor who did our remodel had tried to convince me back then to also install a "tall throne" toilet, but I hesitated. He said the high level makes it an easy sit, and the super flush eliminates all sized small animals with one "swoosh." Nick has these in his house, and his toddlers just have to climb higher, he says. With an immobile left leg, he had my attention now. And, let me tell you, I know why they call it a throne. I feel like royalty. Luckily, Lorrie has long enough legs to reach the floor or she might be relegated to the guest bath. We can now sell the house to an old couple . . . oops, that is us . . . (an older couple)!
The coolest thing about the toilet lid is it is safety hinged. So, when you start it closing, it slowly closes like the auto-door closers in buildings. No slamming the lid, nor getting your fingers caught. Some thought photos were too much. So, we pulled them to spare your tender concerns.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hmm, this may be one of those times when it's a blessing to be blind. I cant, or rather won't, even try to imagine what's in the photos. Get well, Kirt, and off the pain meds! :) Bonnie

Malorie said...

Lorrie: What are you doing?
Kirt: Just taking pictures of our toilet. So blog worthy!
Lorrie: Well, make sure to include the phone installed on the wall next to it.
Kirt: Will do.