February 13, 2008

Valentine Time!


Tonight we went to friends for dinner with friends. It was a friendly night. We have good friends. I was remembering that it was on February 8, 1981 when Lorrie said "yes" to my proposal the week earlier. Yes, I proposed in a lame way and at a lame place, but you have to admit I had the right question and desire. I couldn't understand why it would take her 7 days to say yes to the question she had been wanting me to ask for 11 years! But, I guess if she had waited that long, I could wait 600,300 seconds for her answer. Having been friends for so long; sharing the same birth date, tennis, seminary council, neighborhood, and so much more, it was so natural to be together forever. We didn't tell our parents until we came home for President's Holiday, and they were sure surprised. I remember the day we got married, it had rained a springtime downpour around noon. The rain stopped, and I carried my soon-t0-be bride over the flooding gutters on South Temple as we went to the the temple. The sun came out, and everything was so fresh and clean smelling. I am so grateful for Lorrie's patience, and the way she molded me (and continues to shape me) into a better man. 1 - 2 - 3.

No comments: