February 13, 2008

my favorite valentine


For 27 years now, Kirt has officially been my valentine. (He's actually been my valentine for 37 years, but those first ten years--he didn't know he was my valentine.) They've been great years, and he's still my favorite. Here just a few reasons why--

His laugh
His gorgeous green eyes
His beautiful hands
His patience with me
His hard work
His knack for problem solving

I could go on...best of all, he's my best friend!
Happy Valentine's Day, Kirt, and to all of you--may you be so lucky!

5 comments:

Malorie said...

oh Mommy.. I am missing your sugar cookies today. You know the ones you would make in decreasing sizes and you would stack them together. Those were the best! Love you.

Jon said...

The first ten years he didn't know? I don't know Lorrie, that sounds kind of creepy...Just jokes! Happy V-day!

Kirt said...

Actually, you could look at it as either she was stalking me, or I was too stupid to know my best friend would make a great girlfriend. (I think it is the latter.)

kenzie said...

yeah mom i was thinking about valentines cookies today, I am missing them! and the special ones you would make with our names on them. Love you!

Jake said...

Are you having "hearty" beef stew, too? (I miss the stacked cookies, as well)