December 14, 2008

Cookies Galore!

This week was the week to bake sugar cookies...16 dozen of the delectable darlings. I've been making sugar cookies forever, and always delivered a plate to wherever Kirt has been working at the holiday season. On November 1, 2000, Kirt started his own firm. He wanted to give a gift to two of his biggest clients, but alas, money was a little tight, so he asked if I could make a platterful of cookies for each of them, which I was more than happy to do. Since then, things have gotten A LOT better, but these two particular clients always inquire "if they're going to get cookies this year." Of course! So I start with a triple batch, baked in a convection oven...
(this is always my favorite cookie, the tiniest scrap, too small to make anything but an artsy blob)
...and here is the finished product. These are only 9 dozen, frosted. I make a triple batch of frosting, too. Over the years, I've learned that less is more, so I've simplified, and gone with only one shape. The rest are tucked away in the freezer, awaiting their turn. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kirt said...

And these cookies are the BEST!

One office she gives them to almost break out in fights if someone eats more than their "share."

stacey said...

Lorrie...am I just imagining this or did you put up the recipe for your delectable cookies once? I looked through your blog and could not find it. Maybe it was on Mal, Kenzie, or Jake's?

Jake said...

... awaiting their turn to get frosted and sent to children in far-away lands?