December 28, 2008

A Christmas Surprise!




Sometimes, it is hard to surprise Lorrie for Christmas. Not this year! She hinted that she wanted 6 green Buffalo mugs (Buffalo China is unique, but not manufactured any longer). Mackenzie told Lorrie back in November she found the 6GBMs at an estate sale, and it would be nice if I got them for her for her birthday. But, when I found out Kenzie was planning to give Lorrie 2 white BMs, I bought the green ones, but told Lorrie nothing. They showed up on M&M's website as sold, so Lorrie was bummed I didn't move fast enough. She was surprised when she got the white ones, and loved them. But everytime we used them this past month, I would bemoan the fact everytime when they were in the dishwasher that we couldn't have hot chocolate in our mugs, because they were dirty. Lorrie would then give me a hard time about missing the opportunity to buy the 6 GBMs, and I just snickered to myself like Snoopy. Needless to say, the foundation was laid for the mother of all surprises, when she opened her final present on Christmas morning. (See above.) This was better (and cheaper) than those commercials with the new cars with ribbons on them in the driveway. Posted by Picasa

No comments: