March 29, 2009

Winter or Spring?

Here's a photo I took March 4, 3 1/2 weeks ago. These crocuses are right outside my front door, and they're doing their best to brave the snow. Three days later, on March 7, it warmed up, and I put up my Walls of Water in hopes of planting tomatos soon. Then it got cold again. Yesterday, I planted two kinds of lettuce, radishes, and green onions in my shirtsleeves, and last night at 1:45am, a storm blew in that was so loud that it woke me up. This morning, it is cold AGAIN, with winds still blowing hard! Spring yesterday, winter today--I can't keep up!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lesley said...

nice shot! I wish I had a garden... we don't even have a place for a flower box :(

Mark and Kris said...

Wow, woke me up too Sister! I agree. What to plant and when is the question! Hey what about those beans? Bless those little crocus' hearts! I can't wait for spring to really get here.