March 1, 2009

GROOVY

Several months ago, after working with some humanitarian quilts made of some crazy polyesters, I got it into my head that I wanted to make a polyester quilt. Problem was, I couldn't really find any of those crazy patterned polys from the seventies, I wasPosted by Picasaonly finding solid colors. While the rest of my quilting group was making this quilt from batik prints, which I'm absolutely sure will be stunning, I was trying the same thing with my solid polyester fabrics. Can I say the same about my quilt?
What do you think of it? Tell me the truth, you can't hurt my feelings on this one.
Polyester wears like iron and never fades, so it will make any excellent car quilt, great for those impromptu picnics or changing a flat tire. (a few weeks ago, Kirt was called upon to help a friend's unfortunate wife who had gotten a flat on the freeway on the way to Eagle. When we got there, he asked me, "do we have an old blanket or quilt in the car?" The best I could do was a towel. If only I would have had a polyester quilt!)
The good news is, after putting this beauty together, it seems like I have enough blocks for an entire second quilt. Or maybe that's bad news.

6 comments:

Malorie said...

I like it! I like how it is simple and geometric with nice colors. Looks like a great picnic quilt to me.

linds said...

I really like it a lot! I love the design and geometricness, too! Make another you definitely can't go wrong!

kenzie said...

I think it's awesome! I saw a ton ton ton of crazy polyester at an estate sale this weekend and almost got some for you.

Lesley said...

oooh I think it's lovely and I love the simplicity of the design as well. You are so creative!

erin said...

I think it looks cool!

George and Caralee said...

Bring on the next one! I hadn't thought about using polyester for a quilt until I remembered one that George's mother made. Jeff has it now and it wears like IRON!
Excellent choice, Lorrie.