March 11, 2009

If I only would have had a camera...

Today, while running 5 miles (in 60 minutes, I might add--about 12 minutes per mile!) I watched the moon set in the west, and the sun rise in the east, all in the space of about an hour. The moon was full, and absolutely gorgeous, and the sunrise was magnificent. Then add to that some mourning doves on the sidewalk in front of me, some geese sleeping beside the little creek, birds singing, and some crocus blooming...it doesn't get much better than that!

6 comments:

kenzie said...

I thought the same thing today, I just started running again, but it was more to capture people trying to catch their garbage cans because there was 40 mile an hour winds!

linds said...

Look at you! That's amazing! Are you training for anything?

Kirt said...

And I would have missed all that listening to tunes on my iPhone. You're such a naturalist.

Malorie said...

Awesome! I can't wait to come run with you.

Lorrie said...

I'm fake training--I put a 10K goal into a program on Runner's World that Mal told me about--it gives me distances to run 3 times a week, but I don't have anything in particular in mind, other than just trying to keep up will all of you!

Mark and Kris said...

Lorrie, you are inspirational. I am so glad that you run but also that you notice so much around you. It is one thing to do something, but it is another to truly appreciate it. I love that about you, and of course so much more, but after all you are my sister.