January 26, 2009

Skiing with Grandma!

Today was a cold (7 degrees, brrrr!), but glorious day at Bogus Basin. I went alone (yes, alone, but it's fine. I like it. Not as much as when I'm skiing with Kirt, but I like it.). As I was riding up, alone, on the ski lift, I heard a little voice calling, "Grandma? Grandma!" I looked down, and watched a little girl in a purple coat skiing towards her grandma's outstretched arms. I smiled. That's you and me in a few years, Reesie!

I also rode up the lift with an older, talkative gentleman. He told me he's been skiing Bogus since 1943. He graduated from Boise High in 1948. I had to ask. "Does that mean you're...78?" "Yep," he replied. "I tell all my friends that this (Bogus Basin) is the fountain of youth."

Let's see...when I'm 78, I'll be skiing with Reese, who will be 19 by then.

1 comment:

linds said...

How fun that will be for you two! Funny part about that is that she actually has a purple coat right now! It's going to happen for sure!