October 8, 2008

Lunchtime!

If I had a perfect lunch, this would be it. I've probably eaten this almost every day for a month--a BLT! I've just about single handedly eaten a whole package of bacon, but who can resist the fabulous tomatoes? Here's my recipe--toasted bread (whole wheat, Basque, or Pugalise), with a little mayo on each side, one tomato, sliced, then lightly salted and peppered, three slices of bacon, crisp,
and lettuce. Cut it on the diagonal, serve with a glass of cold milk and a piece of sun-ripened fruit. Yummy!

I didn't used to like tomatoes on sandwiches at all. In the fall of my sophomore year of college, my roommate Jan's sister brought us a BIG BOX of tomatoes. We didn't know what we would do with them all, but Jan showed us how to make tomato sandwiches. It's like a BLT, only there's no B or L, everything else is the same. We were starving students, it was free food, I learned to love them. We ate them every day til the box was gone. Yummy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jake said...

That is a sweet picture. I like mine without the T, of course.