October 19, 2008

Grandpa in Moscow

Grandpa got to go to Moscow the past week and see Reese (and Jake and Lindsay). I was in Couer d'Alene for some depositions, and couldn't fly out Friday, so drove down and spent the night in Moscow. Lorrie was very jealous, but it didn't bother me. She spent a whole week with Reese shortly after birth. So, Grandpa got to do all these fun things with Reese. I changed diapers, got up with her Saturday morning, read her a book, played car-car-c-a-r with her, fed her Cherios, and just hung out with her. It was GREAT!!!! She is growing up so quickly.


Here I am acting like a bird, so she would eat her oats. I don't know if that really helps, but it is almost an involuntary thing to do what you want Reese to do. She only kicked the bowl out my hand once from excitement.

This is a Grandpa thing. Lindsay watched on with reasonable concern, knowing what was next, but not saying anything out loud. I'm sure her prayer was answered (see below).
And look how happy Reese is!
"Look, Mom, No HANDS!!"

2 comments:

linds said...

We had a great time with you, Kirt, but we missed you Lorrie! I wasn't horrified with you holding Reese with no hands, but ya know it's always a lil scary. Haha! We're excited to see you in a month for Thanksgiving! Yum! Oh and we can't see the pictures you posted, so hopefully they'll pop up soon!

George and Caralee said...

Kirt, you are a natural at the grampa gig. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me...being a gramma. I love it!
Love catching up with friends through friendly blog-hopping!