April 13, 2010

Ga Time!

I'm back from a fun, fast trip to Portland to spend time with JAM, but now I'm back in Boise, 'Pa is back at work, and it's Ga Time! Here's a few of the fun things we did today, starting with R's hair. It's so much longer, and has so much curl. It's fun to do, and R loves having it done!
Next we're off to the library, where we listened to stories about dogs today, then made a dog puppet. We also checked out books. On our way out, we ran into R's new friends Avery and Owen.
After the library, we visited R's third cousin, twice removed, aka Great-Aunt Kristie (according to a google search!) at DB. R was a little concerned at first, but GAK quickly won her heart with awintergreen lifesaver, a book, a little bag of candy, and a little balloon that amused her all afternoon.

When we got home, R wanted "2 minutes to drive"--a direct quote from her. She was begging for the keys--I don't think so. Interestingly enough, when I got back into my little Subaru tonight, every single button that could be pushed had been!

After driving, we got the mail, another of her favorite activities. She carefully opens our mailbox and checks, closes it, then looks in our neighbor's mailbox as well.

One thing that I wish I could have taken a picture of happened at Fred Meyer. We had just been to Albertson's, and when I was checking out, R insisted that "I do it myself!" I replied, "No, this is something Ga does." At Fred Meyer, she said the same thing, and while I was punching in my rewards number, she grabbed one of the things I was purchasing, and scanned it. When she heard the beep, she dropped it in the bag, so I let her do the rest. Amazing. I should have listened to her at Al's, AND the library, where 'Pa said she had checked out all her own books on Friday.

Tomorrow will be another fun day! Hopefully, we'll get to go to the Pawwwrk, but it's been raining on and off since Monday.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It was fun to see you guys at the library. I wish we had come sooner and enjoyed story time with ya all. If the sun comes out, call us. We'd love to meet ya at the Pawwwwwk! I also wanted to know if you were up for running three miles with me Thursday morning at 7. Let me know!

Mark and Kris said...

GAK loves the blog and "a day in the life of R" Great work GA