February 17, 2010

sorry, kenz!

When everyone was here during the holidays, it came to my attention that one of the bedrooms was missing a reading lamp. So one day in January, I stopped by one of my favorite downtown second hand stores, Renewal. It's a cool store where I've found some great things. I spotted this lamp and thought it would go great in the bedroom. I loved the simple line of the pottery base, the overall color, but that shade would have to go.

the two pieces of wood at the top of the base and the shade are awesome.

The color is an overall greenish tone, but is made up zillions of tiny green and black dots on the beige base.

The signature at the bottom is one of the best parts.
As I walking past the front hall on the way to Kenz's bedroom, I glanced at the front hall, and it struck me that this would actually be the perfect place for this particular lamp. Honestly, I tried it in the bedroom to be fair, but it looked better in the front hall. So I'll keep looking for another lamp for the bedroom.
And the shade? It's growing on me. Should I keep it or replace it?

6 comments:

kenzie said...

i like the shade itself, but not the flowers and leaves.

Malorie said...

same here! It's distracting from the cool lamp base.

linds said...

agreed! i'd find a new one.

Sijbrich said...

I ♥ Renewal. To me, the shade doesn't match the style of the base as perfectly as it could.

Kirt said...

Good news! Even though I expressed my rejection of the lampshade when it first arrived, it wasn't until all of you trusted friends and family opined that Lorrie rejected the floral-with-rawhide-string-lampshade. We bought a replacement yesterday, which I'm sure she'll share with you all shortly! As for my opinion on the replacement shade. . . .

Mark and Kris said...

my vote is dump the shade. it isn't cool enough for the base. I reminds me of a skirt and blouse that just don't seem to go together. Well, it seems you found one, so let's see it. Bring it on.