February 7, 2010

On Being Ga

When I started having kids, I sort of wanted to be done by the time I was 30 so I could be a "young" grandma. I wanted to be able to roll around on the floor with my grandkids, play with them, and make some great memories. My own dear mother was 60 when my oldest was born, and 62 when the twins were born. I can't imagine her ever being able to do this! Little R and I have just finished a ride. Love that skull in the background!
We're just walking back up the hill!
Here's the fun! We're heading down!
I hope this is etched in R's memory, I know it is in mine!
This is just the cutest photo--we're at an ice sculpture--this is a hedgehog, I love R's dubious little expression! We had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mark and Kris said...

Great pictures. R is looking like a big girl! What fun you both are having and she will surely remember her wonderful fun times with you--you youngster!

Kristi said...

I've seen you in action, Ga. You're pretty good at the grandma stuff! R is one lucky, little lady. It was fun to see you guys in beautiful McCall. Thanks for the delicious lasagna, cobbler and ice cream! Enjoy your last few days, ya lucky ducks!

Kim Chapman said...

So fun to see you in McCall! R is a very lucky girl to have grandparents like you two! I liked that you were sledding with her, but loved even more when I showed up Saturday a.m. that you had her on your lap reading to her... she will remember both things for sure!