June 29, 2009

Quilting Green

Here's a picture of a recent quilt. It's made entirely of scraps. It all started when I got sick of looking at my scrap basket, overflowing with pieces of this and that. I started cutting for six quilts. This is the first of them--a mini-whistle stop quilt. I love the final effect--so much that I made a second quilt for an ecological-minded friend who is having a baby soon--maybe today! Everything is from my stash--I didn't purchase a thing!
These are a few of my favorite blocks. The middle fabric is from a skort I made for one of my girls, many, many years ago. The outside fabric is from my friend, D.

The tiny block in the middle started as a 1" scrap, and ended up being a 1/2" square in the center. I used the last bit of the outside fabric, a favorite of mine, but I found another yard at a recent garage sale!


I've never had so much fun putting fabric together. Mostly, I just put it in piles, and took what came off. Only did I change it if it was the same color as the fabric it was next to.




No comments: