January 7, 2009

cool runnings...

this is a view of my street, and my shoveled sidewalk.
this is a view of another home, not shoveled at all, and garbage cans placed smack in the middle of the sidewalk.

Another view of my nicely shoveled sidewalk, with recycling placed nicely to the egde, allowing pedestrians a place to actually walk.

Today was a running day. And garbage day. As you can tell, we've had snow in Boise. It was supposed to get warmer yesterday, and the snow did turn to rain, but not enough to melt anything, so running today was a bit of a challenge. I only fell once, and had a nice core workout trying to stay upright. Even with the challenges, it beats going to the gym. Despite the various badly placed trash recepticles, garbage day is one of the most interesting days to run. It's fascinating to see what others have put outside, and the amount. Even with a houseful this past summer, we typically put out just one can, and that's not even full. The single person living near to me, who sometimes has a child visiting, puts out three every single week. My recycling represents two weeks worth, and that after a major cleaning out.

My thanks to all of you who shovel your snowy sidewalks and put your trash to the edge, allowing others to USE the sidewalk.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sijbrich said...

Uh oh. I hope you don't jog on my street on trash day. Most weeks we have so little trash that sometimes we don't even pull out our trashcan and just put our half-filled bag on our neighbor's trashcan, but I don't think we put our recycle bin on the side to let pedestrians and joggers by. That could be a new year's resolution for us.:-)