January 16, 2009

Look Who's Back on the Mountain!

It's Kirt, and he's looking great! Since that fateful day last April, I've wondered if this would ever happen again! We skiied together today, and it was so much fun! No falls, great turns, decent snow! An amazing thing happened today...

...at the end of our skiing day, Kirt said he was ready to go back to the car, and I said, for once, "I'm going to take one more run!" (Usually it's me that goes for the car!)
I'm not looking too bad. Can you see the whooshes of snow behind my skiis?
Skiing was marvelous today. Boise has been locked in an inversion all week, (that's Boise you can't see underneath all those clouds!) with a high of about 32 degrees. Bogus was 39 degrees! When we hit the treeline today, the fog was gone, and we saw the sun! The SUN! We actually had to unzip our coats!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kenzie said...

looking good! I was thinking about you guys and your trip yesterday.

Mark and Kris said...

Kirt, I am so happy you are back on the horse so to speak. Good for you. I don't know if I could do it after a break like you had. I think it is so cool you and Lorrie ski together. Lorrie, be careful. It kind of scares me thinking you go up alone; I know you are conservative, (I hope) and don't go anywhere weird, like off the beaten path. Let me be your little voice in your ear. "Mom says be careful"