October 3, 2010

Boat Owners!





Every once in a while, we surprise our kids. We told Jake we just bought a tandem kayak, and his response was, "You bought a what?" Granted, it isn't a speed boat, but it is just the right speed for us. I sit in the back seat, and provide the muscle, and Lorrie steers and paddles now and again. We make a great team. Lorrie said, "We're outdoor people now!" and I told her I don't think we would ever be REAL outdoor people. Our idea of camping is dutch oven cooking from the garage of our home in McCall. But still, we're expanding our horizons. Who would have thought!

6 comments:

Malorie said...

true, you will never be real outdoors people. But you do go outdoors! The kayak is my kind of boat.

linds said...

looks like fun! maybe your grandkids will make you more outdoorsy people!

Natalie said...

You guys are so fun! Good for you!

Kristi said...

I knew you were thinking about it. You pulled the trigger! Looks fun. I know I say it often, but.....you two have the life!

Sijbrich said...

Maybe you're not outdoorsy, but you'r active, which I think is just as good.
Love the kayak.

Mark and Kris said...

Great looking crusie ship. I love it. I can't wait to try it out. Maybe next year. Sheesh!