October 31, 2010

Half Marathon!!!

For a while now I've been training for a half marathon--13.1 miles! I ran the High Speed Pursuit at the Prison, a Half Marathon/10K/5K race that starts at the prison, and then winds around some back roads in the desert. Meet my new friend, Karrie! We've never run together before the race, but I'm sure glad she was there!



Before the race, the National Anthem was sung, then a cool fly over...

...followed by the swat team! We ran around the prison (the inmates were running within, we were running without!

Here we are at the start.

All along the way, we met up with Kirt and Aaron, Karrie's husband. They would yell, clap, honk, and I was always so glad to see them! At about mile 8, some college girls just behind us asked, "Do you know those guys?"

Here we are, just passing mile 3--only 10.1 more to go! Luckily, I never had to use one of those little tan buildings right behind me!

And off we go for a few more miles!

Running west now, still smiling!
Mile 12, and someone else is waiting for us along with Kirt and Aaron!

Reesie, Jake, Linds, Noah, and the McBrides--by the way, thanks, Kristi the great signs!

Baby Noah holds the sign!

Mile 13, only .1 to go!



Reese want to run in with me!




I came in at my goal time (although my garmin said I came in at 2:35)
I don't think I look half bad!

Here we are at end, medals AND still alive! WE DID IT!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You are such a talented, well rounded person. I love that you live big and push yourself to new limits. I watch you from the side lines in awe and hope to someday be just like ya! I also love that your boyfriend, yup, that's you, Kirt, is your biggest fan, always cheering you to the finish of whatever pursuit you're aiming for. I hope some day we can run a half together. I always enjoy the opportunities I have to log miles and pound the pavement with you.

linds said...

You did it! You are awesome! You are my inspiration! Congrats!

Lesley said...

You are incredible! And you honestly look like you don't even break a sweat... You look blissfully happy as you cross the finish line. I totally teared up when I sawthe last few shots of you and Reece. It is so tender that she wanted to join you and that you let her share in the triumph of that moment. Says a lot about you and the relationship you two share.

Mark and Kris said...

That was totally impressive. I had no idea you were running in that race.... good for you.