May 9, 2010

Finchy Friends Feeding! (Select photos to zoom in!)




I haven't had a pet dog for a while now, so these finchy friends are about the closest I'll get--at least until Gingie comes to visit! The finchy friends are always fun to watch. K's dad got us the yellow finch feeder. Did you know that yellow finches are the only ones that feed upside down and eat thistle seed? The other finches have to go to the other feeder. We have several different species.
Not a finch, but I'm delighted that my lilac has bloomed for a second year. It didn't bloom for the longest time--the but would just shrivel up. I gave it another talking to this year, and it's done well!

Posted by Lorrie, photos by Kirt

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Lorrie, you need to come help us with our landscaping. The two of us are clueless.

Kirt said...

Tyler, don't worry, it will come. The first year we planted a garden after we got married, all we had that came up was zucchini - - and they were HUGE!! We might have had a few other things, but that's all I remember. We hollowed one out and baked a meatloaf in it. But yes, Lorrie can give you good advice. And I can tell you how to grow zucchini!

Lorrie said...

Tyler, did Mackenzie ever tell you my secret for my great landscaping? I had a landscape designer do it for me! But really, if you remember to put tall things in the back, medium things in the middle, and short things at the front, you'll do fine. And just remember that everything doubles or triples in size, so don't let some space between plants scare you. I'm sure you'll call me when it comes to planting veggies seeds!