May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

On May 10 I actually had one of my kids home--but just for a couple of hours. I'm wearing heels, by the way, because I'm not taller than Kenzie in real life. We had a great 2 and a half weeks, with all our kids but one in and out in McCall and Boise. I really like being a mom and now a grandma. A lot of moms love it when their kids are young, some like it when they're older. It would be hard for me to say what period of life I liked best, because I loved them all. It was so much fun when the kids were young, listening to the little phrases they used at that time (Sunday, at dinner, I caught myself saying "Them are good!"--a phrase the twins used a lot. They grew out of it, we did not. I DO know it's improper English, though). I loved the teen years, with all the busyness. I loved the BYU/mission years, watching my kids grow and learn in ways they hadn't before, and I'm a little sad to see that at an end. I love the young adult years. I can talk to my kids about adult things, and it's fun to have them as our children, and at the same time, our friends. And don't even get me started on being a grandma. You can probably tell from past blogs how much I LOVE that experience. There have been tough times, and good times, but no matter what, it's all been worth it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you for sooo long too. We miss being at home already and there's no telling how long we'll be gone. But you're a great mom and mother-in-law. Thanks!