June 26, 2010

When the Cat is away, the Mouse. . . WORKS!


My lovely bride is visiting our first grandson in Portland. That is another story, but I'll let her tell that one. I couldn't join her yet, as I am just finishing a nearly 4 week jury trial. Let me tell you how much I love my wife: I don't love raspberry jam, but she does, and I love her. This is the time when the raspberries are coming on strong, and she worried that I would ignore them while she was away, playing with little Theo. I've now picked them twice. I admit I do love the strawberry jam, so picking strawberries wouldn't normally be an effort. . . .



However, the strawberries right now are about the size of raspberries. (See the comparison below. The strawberry is on the left, and the raspberry is on the right.) Not much difference!

I picked, washed, cut off all those little stems, smashed the strawberries for jam, and still had time to weed, mow the lawn and fix the sprinklers. I'm ready for a vacation . . . . and to come see the grandson!!!!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Wow, I am SO IMPRESSED! You've been working hard, and I appreciate it--especially you picking my raspberries! For the record, I've been working hard, too--holding Theo, playing with Theo, rocking Theo, cooking for Theo's parents, and watching Theo while he sleeps!

Malorie said...

We can't wait for you to come! As long as you work for your Theo time like Mom does. Just joking, she has been such a lifesaver!

Kristi said...

Kirt... I am glad you're keeping the place in tact while Lorrie is away. Make sure to send lots of pics. of grandma and Theo when you finally get to Mal's.