June 27, 2010

Oh, Theo!


It's been a week, and I'm still amazed at all that has happened. Mal called us at 6am-ish on Sunday, June 20st,telling us she was having contractions. I had everything ready to go, so Kirt packed my car while I got ready and drove to Portland. I arrived about 4pm, and it was a long night. Theo didn't arrive til 5:57am June 21st. She had asked me to be with her and Jon, and it was a privilege to be there. Malorie and Jon were absolutely astounding. Mal was strong, and breathed through the contractions. Jon was patient and attending. (I just stood in the background, ready if they needed anything, and taking a few pictures.) Here we are at OHSU, in a delivery room. Mal opted for a natural water birth, and here Theo is just moments after his arrival. After the birth, one of the nurses told me that she would remember this night for a long time. Malorie was in control, and was amazingly strong and courageous. She moaned a few times, but no screaming or yelling!



Theo is the cutest thing. We came home on Tuesday, and it's just been fun to hang out and watch him. I've been sleeping in Theo's room, and to help Mal and Jon get a little more sleep, (Jon was in the MIDDLE of FINALS this week), so I get Theo up when he's hungry, get Mal, and we meet in the living room. After he eats, I take him back to his room and get him settled. No matter what time I go in to get her, (and one night it was every two hours) Malorie always greets me with a smile.

Theo is alert and strong, and the most adorable face!

The best way to spend a Sunday afternoon, (or any time, really!) is with Theo on your shoulder!

Cutest little feet and legs! His feet are a little flaky, still, but they're darling!

We know his eyes will be blue, but will they be Mal's dark blue, or Jon's lighter blue? Maybe somewhere in between!

I could sit and look at him all day!
It's 11 in the morning, but he's tuckered out for now! Tomorrow's another day!

5 comments:

Mark and Kris said...

Perfect Grandma! I am so happy you got to be there Lorrie. What a blessing for everyone. Congratulations.

Kirt said...

That all makes my berry picking seem worth it. Can't wait to join you.

Kirt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George and Caralee said...

Congrats gma and gpa! I know how you feel about being there when your grandchild is born. I have been able to see three of Andrea's girls be born. I will never forget it.
Enjoy every minute you have with them. Tell Mal, congrats and I am so happy for her and Jon. He is ADORABLE, and I think he looks like Mal. Right?
Hurray for grandbabies! What a blessing!

Kathy said...

Lori--He really is beautiful! So happy for all of you.