August 24, 2008

A Pot-pourri (literally and figuratively)

In June, I was still on crutches, but I'm free at last! I walk on my own, but still have my temporary Handicapped parking pass. It comes in handy for those fast runs into Costco, or my over-sold parking garage. I do have a beautiful scar!
What fun we had with Reese living with us this summer (oh, and Jake, Lindsay, Mal, Jon and a short time Tyler and Kenzie, too!). Here Reese is making sure Grandpa took his nap!

The Twin Falls Temple. What a gorgeous, small temple. It can be seen from the freeway if you look hard.
Shoshone Falls, near Twin Falls, Idaho are the Niagra Falls of the West! I took some of my priest quorum to the Twin Falls Temple open house, and we went here. This is running only about 3/4 strength. Some years, it is even bigger.

Oh, the adventures we have with moving, cleaning, packing apartments! When we helped Mal and Jon unpack and move into their new apartment in Portland (note we're not in Utah anymore, Toto), Lorrie was putting some blankets up on the top top top shelf of the hall linen closet. Perched atop her stepstool, she reached for something and handed it to me and Jon and innocently asked: "Do you guys know what this is?" She didn't. My prosecutorial days came in handy, and for those of you who think it is some kind of art piece, you're right and wrong. It is a pipe, and not the kind that Mark Twain smoked. It still had remnants in it. We took a picture and then destroyed it in the garbage bin. That's as close to drugs Lorrie has ever gotten (if you don't count the Vicadin she took for post-wisdom teeth surgery). Only in Portland!

Finally, when we went to Provo to help the Sassers move their stuff, I brought back the 3 bikes we had taken for the kids to use. They had been parked on the fence next to Mal and Jon's old apartment for the past year. While one wasn't even locked to the fence, they were all still there. Only in Provo, can good things sit out for months without anyone taking them. No one wants to "steal" something, even though it is clear that it is abandoned.



1 comment:

Jon said...

I liked when Lorrie didn't know it was a pipe, but apparently thought it might have been some sort of sex paraphernalia!?! "Don't tell me what it is if it's something gross" (More or less Lorrie's words)