July 10, 2009

mid century madness




If you've been following K's blogs, you'll see that she's really loving the mid-century modern pieces. M and L like them, too. Here's a piece J & L just picked up at a garage sale. J & L were at the garage sale, and I met them there, so that L and I could go look at some fabric. J wondered if I thought this would be a good thing. One look at the clean mid-century lines, the hardware (alone, worth more than what they were asking, easily!), and the dovetailed drawers convinced me. "If you don't buy it, I will." said I. The hesitation was the top of the piece--really dried out, with water marks--not a pretty sight. But I knew Grandpa could probably work his magic. We took it right over to him, and in a week, had it back, looking this beautiful. The best part? The asking price was $22 or best offer. J offered them $20 for the dresser and a little school chair that would be perfect with my antique desk. (I'll be working on that soon--pictures to follow.) The next best part? J & L have another year left in a small apartment, so til then, I get to store this beauty in my front hall.

No comments: